Sunday, June 12, 2011

Introduction

I’ve decided to start this blog in order to follow my cooking adventures, now that I’ve moved into my new apartment and I’ve found a new lease on life when it comes to cooking. What actually inspired me to start this journal was cooking Red Curry with Chicken for J and myself at Pearl Beach, the night after he cooked slow-braised lamb shoulder for me. I’ve never held myself out to be a naturally gifted cook, or one that can come up with exotic food creations and recipes off the top of my head. However, the satisfaction that I gained from cooking that dish made me realise the power that food has in my life. Not only is the process of cooking relaxing in itself, but food reminds me of places, people and special moments in my life, and helps me recreate my life in Thailand. I want this blog to record things such as this. I’ll admit where the cooking didn’t go as planned, and what I thought could have been better! All in all, I just want it to be a fun project that will prove to be something that I will be able to look back on one day to find some rich anecdotes (not to mention great recipes!). Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment